Friendship is one of the most fundamental parts of life. It has been scientifically proven, by actual scientists, that meaningful friendships are key to our health and well-being.
Our friends keep us sane, they are there for us through the good times and the bad, they bring joy to our souls and are the only ones who can get away with laughing out loud when we embarrass ourselves!
Hot tub, lawn games, fabulous kitchens, magnificent views, accommodation and privacy, what more could you need!
Wanaka has something to offer all tastes and here at Oasis we are stoked to provide exclusive space for you to relax, unwind and have a blast, making memories with your friends.
So the Question is what excuse can you use to Getaway to Oasis!? Birthday, Hen Party, Stag Do, Baby Shower, Engagement Celebration? or just because being with our friends is so important!
Be it a Blokes Weekend, a Ladies Pampering Session or the whole crew for an adventure fueled escape, here are a few ideas from us to plan your perfect Birthday Retreat at Oasis
The Easy Relaxer
This is our super simple Birthday Getaway idea
Great for locals and our friends heading over the hill for a night
Requirements – friends, potluck kai, beverages, and bathers for the Hot tub!
- Keep it all simple, arrive at Oasis early, enjoy lawns games with your crew. Cook up a feast, laugh over some card games, bring a guitar, sing, dance and laugh around the fireplace – oh and have a hot tub!
The Pamper Weekend
A relaxing & indulgent option for your stay
This is also a great option for a Mum’s treat weekend, baby shower or hen do
Requirements – as above, plus your fancy slippers and dressing gown!
- With a small group of friends allocate one Yurt as a pamper room! Bring in one of our local beauty therapists and treat yourselves. Think facials, pedicures and back massages, followed by a long soak in the hot tub.
- Keep the cooking easy, enjoy Organic Thai 2 Go and Tasting Platters or Secret Picnics delivered right to the door. Perhaps a Wine Tasting and a local vocalist to come & play sweet melodies in the evening!
The Bike Weekend
Because Biking Rocks!
Requirements – all the above, maybe minus your slippers, plus your mountain bike (or hire one locally)
- Day 1.
- Arrive early, faff, talk bikes, faff some more, fix bikes, then head off to Deans Bank for a quick afternoon circuit.
- From Deans bank head straight to Hook for a cold beverage & a wood-fired Pizza on the rolling lawns, -maybe even try and catch a Salmon!
- Then back to Oasis for more bike fixing and why not, a hot tub!
- Day 2.
- Head out early to Bike Glendu for some epic trails and amazing views – they do have e-bike rental 😉.
- Enjoy lunch at Velo Café right on site. Crush out a few more laps, then off for Après at Rhyme & Reason.
- This could be the evening to explore Wanaka, book into one of our amazing restaurants for dinner, or if you caught that Salmon yesterday, grab BBQ goodies and relax at Oasis
- Day 3.
- After yesterday’s endurance day give the legs a break by heading to Cardrona for some lift accessed greatness!
- The Cardrona Hotel has an amazing garden, outdoor fireplace & some great kai to enjoy at the end of the day. Then obviously another hot tub at Oasis
If you are heading to Wanaka during the Winter, check out opening dates of Bike Glendu & Cardrona and switch out for a day lapping Sticky Forest & a Heli-bike!
The Snow Life
Skiing, Snowboarding and general Winter Fun
Requirements –The easy relaxer items plus your ski gear!
- Day 1.
- Unpack, lose your gear, find your gear, see if anyone bought space gloves, enjoy a simple kai and card games around the fire
- Day 2
- Beat the crowd and head out early doors to Treblecone or Cardrona. If you are looking for something unique Abby & Will Jackways from Explore Wanaka offer on mountain private guiding with transport options, their combined local & snow knowledge makes this an incredible experience.
- This could be the evening to check out Wanaka’s restaurants, book into or continue the potluck theme back at Oasis, followed by a soak in the hot tub
- Day 3
- Try your hand at Cross country skiing – It’s super affordable and ridiculously fun!
- Take a packed kai and hip flask of something warm, stop off at one of the awesome huts for lunch!
- After some ridiculous crashes and laughing at your mates’ head on down to The Cardrona Hotel. Enjoy the epic outdoor fireplace, great kai and a little gold-mining history.
- Then it must be time to head back to Oasis for another hot tub!
Adventure & Escape
This Escape is all about creating memories and trying a new experience
Requirements – All the crew and all your energy!!!
- Day 1.
- Arrive, split into your weekend teams and straight into some competitive lawn games and obstacle courses
- Day 2
- Big adventure day. Choose from one of Wanaka’s most epic experiences that no one has tried before; Canyoning, Via Ferrata, Pack Rafting, Heli Ski, Heli-Bike or Heli SUP
- This is going to be a full day of adventure when you arrive back at Oasis how about having a private chef come to cook your favourite kai for the evening? Everyone just needs to shower and walk 5 metres to the lodge the rest if all prepared!
- Day 3
- Enjoy a relaxing breakfast all together at the Lodge – perhaps smoothie bowls mmmmmmm
- Take our bikes out (we have 10 available) for a casual ride along the Upper Clutha (Mata-Au) Outlet Track then a quick walk over Mount Iron (Whatakaupapa) for some awesome views of Lake Wanaka
- In the afternoon explore our fabulous Wineries and micro-breweries, followed by a night on the town or a casual evening back at Oasis – Wanafeed can always deliver your take-away of choice!